The Embassy of Japan in the Republic of Moldova, which will be officially opened in Chisinau on January 1, 2016, is seeking staff for the following positions.
1. Posts and responsibilities
(1) Assistant in Administration Section
- Provide various logistical assistance for the Embassy’s administration activities, including procurement of necessary materials, office maintenance, various types of registration, translation/interpretation, etc.
- Provide necessary general administrative support for the Embassy and its diplomats’ activities.
(2) Assistant in Political/Economic Section
- Monitoring of internal/external politics and economy of Moldova and preparing topical reports/analysis on such.
- Provide necessary support for the diplomats, such as translation, arranging of appointments and conducting research on specific issues.
(3) Assistant in Consular/Security Section
- Handling all safety/security issues at the Embassy and the Ambassador’s residence.
- Accepting visitors at the Consular section reception.
- Assistance in organizing the Embassy’s cultural events and in related activities.
- Provide driving services for the Embassy’s staff and arrange necessary maintenance of the Embassy’s vehicles.
- Other assistance when necessary.
2. Required skills and qualifications
For the Assistant positions:
- Good communication, teamwork, planning and organizational skills;
- Completed University / Institute degree;
- Computer proficiency;
- Fluency in Romanian, Russian and English is required. Knowledge of the Japanese language will be considered a strong advantage;
- (For Assistant in Political/Economic Section) Previous experience in research work on internal politics, external relations and/or economy of Moldova;
- (For Assistant in Consular/Security Section) Previous work experience in the field of security will be of value.
For the Driver position:
- Good communication and teamwork skills;
- Professional driving skills and good understanding of the traffic situation in Moldova;
- Fluency in Romanian and Russian. Knowledge of English and/or Japanese language will be considered an advantage.
3. Terms and conditions
- Office location: Stefan cel Mare 73/1, Chisinau
- Working hours: 38 hours and 45 minutes per week
- The monthly remuneration rate is set at no less than 670 USD for the Assistant positions and 340 USD for the Driver position. Applicants' work experience and knowledge will be taken into consideration while determining monthly remuneration in each specific case.
- There will be a trial period.
- All applicants are requested to download the Application Form, fill it out in English and send it back to: firstname.lastname@example.org by e-mail no later than December 13, 2015. Please, also enclose electronic file of your photo.
- For those who speak Japanese language it is also requested to enclose the certificate of the Nihongo Noryoku Shiken (Japanese language proficiency test).
- Initial screening will be made based on the Application Forms received, only those who will have successfully passed such screening will be invited to take a written exam and have an interview.
- Any documents submitted to the Embassy in the course of this application procedure will not be returned to the sender.